Monday, December 10, 2012

The Joy of Running and Prenatal Vitamins

Tonight I ran.  I ran and ran and ran.

Okay, really, it was only 6 miles.


But, man, it felt great.

I haven't had a true "Corrie Workout" in a while.

I've been doing 30 minutes on the elliptical here, a little walking there, and maybe a mile of running occasionally.

Tonight, while watching the Pats slaughter the Texans, I ran for a full hour.  It was actually 59 minutes.  I got a killer side crap at that point.

After that, I came home, took a shower, and took a prenatal vitamin.

The prenatal vitamin is significant.

Since that awful day two weeks ago, every time I go to the bathroom, I find myself staring at the stack of samples the doctor gave me.  I haven't taken any since that day.

For the past 14 days, all I could think was, "What's the point?"

For some reason, tonight, I felt like there was a point.  I felt like there was hope.  I felt like maybe, just maybe, the third time could be the charm.

Could this feeling of hope be connected to the awesome run I had?

Who knows.

Could I be delusional thanks to the endorphins that come from exercising?  Probably.

But, all I know is that somewhere deep within me, I felt like it was time to get my body ready to start trying again.

First, I have to have a followup doctor's appointment.  There's no trying until I get the all clear.  Hopefully, that will come next week.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for supporting me.

Also, to the person I never met, who sent me the sweet card, thank you.

-Corrie

No comments:

Post a Comment