Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fun Times Hunting with Michael

Friday, Michael took me hunting.  I've helped him put up a deer stand before, but this was the first time I actually got up in the deer stand with him.

Hunting is not really anything I've ever been that interested in doing.

I do not all understand why anyone would ever want to get up at 4:00 AM to go hang out 10 feet up in the air and look for Bambi.  If Michael had tried to actually get me up at 4, I would never had agreed to go.  Since he wanted me to go on an afternoon hunt, I obliged.  

So, off into the woods we went.

The Woods
I will say, there is definitely something attractive about a man who can kill his own food.  When inflation hits, we won't be hit as hard!

My Fearless Leader
We walked about half a mile to the deer stand.  Now, I don't consider myself afraid of heights, but deer stands scare me.  They just don't seem that secure.  Nevertheless, up we went.

I like this picture for so many reasons. :)
This was our view from the stand.  I grew up watching Bambi, so I couldn't help but notice the similarities between this location and the meadow in Bambi.
The Meadow

Unfortunately, we did not see any deer.  I was a little disappointed, because that would have been exciting.  I was really hoping to see Michael in action.  

All in all, we had fun. 

The only annoying thing is the fact that we kept stepping on these prickly things that we apparently brought back with us in our clothing.

Annoying Prickly Things
Will I go back?  I would be willing to go back to the stand, but it would have to be in the afternoon!  It was fun spending time with Michael, but I'm only good for about an hour and a half.  After that, I get bored and have to go to the bathroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment