Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Move it Memphis 10K

Hey!

This blog has "runner" in the title!  Why haven't there been running posts in a while?

Good question.

I don't know.  I started off the year with a resolution to run a 10K a day 5 days a week.  I did really well for the first month, then I got off track after getting that awful stomach virus that's going around.  Then, I got sick again with flu like symptoms.  Then, I just got really really busy.  I'm still trying to get a few in a week, but it's definitely not happening daily.

Almost finished!!  (Thanks for the photo Davis!)
I did participate in the Move it Memphis 10K last Saturday.  It was VERY cold, but it was a lot of fun.

I have done 5k (3.1 miles) races and a half-marathon (13.1 miles), but I've never actually done a 10k (6.2 miles) race.  My only goal was to finish with a pace that was below 10 minutes per mile.

Was I excited to cross the line at 52 minutes!  That's an 8:23 mile pace!!!  I was ecstatic.  I ended up being 5th in my gender/age bracket.

My friend Patty crossed the finish line around 46 minutes and got first place in our age group.  My cousin Becca beat her goal of running in less than 65 minutes!  I'm so proud of both of these ladies.  My uncle did the 5k and finished in 33 minutes.

It was a fun day with a lot of smiles.  Stella and Michael even came out to cheer me on!


Tossing my jacket before I even hit mile 1!

Stella is an awesome cheerleader!

No comments:

Post a Comment