Sunday, February 24, 2013

100 Things to Eat in Memphis: Sharon's

My latest place to eat on the 100 Things to Eat in Memphis blog is Sharon's Chocolates and Bread Cafe.  

One word:  Overrated.  




    

The list says to get bagels.  I decided to go for the poppyseed.  It was good, don't get me wrong.  It just didn't have anything special about it like other things on this list.

When you walk in, the place is pretty dull on the inside.  There's not many decorations at all.  It's open really strange hours, so maybe the owners don't really think of themselves as a restaurant.  I get that, but with it being that bland on the inside, I was expecting for the food to make up for it.  

The bagel was like any other bagel I've ever had.  Panera's bagels are just as good, if not better!  

Poppyseed Bagel
I will give the cream cheese some praise.  It was really good, but there were only two flavors, plain and vegetable.  

Cream Cheese
I guess I was just expecting more.  

I will say that the chocolate case looked phenomenal, but chocolates aren't on the list.  Maybe they should be.  

I'm sure this place has a great story and I'm sure the owners are great, I just wasn't impressed.  

The Chocolate Case and Bread Rack

No comments:

Post a Comment