Thursday, February 21, 2013

100 Things to Eat in Memphis: Tao Too

As I write this, I should tell you that my tongue has still not completely recovered from the culinary adventure Michael and I just experienced.

We headed over to Tao Too Asian Eatery in Germantown.



It's the latest stop on our tour of the 100 Things to Eat in Memphis Before You Die Blog.

The item on the list:  Devil's Nest Soup

Yes, this is going to be spicy.  In fact, it's the spiciest thing on the menu, as the three fires indicate.


Michael and I decided to split the soup, because it was huge.  

Here's a look at my bowl.


The soup is delicious.  At first, I told Michael that I didn't understand the fuss.  It didn't seem that spicy. Of course, that was after one bite.  After about three bites, your mouth is ON FIRE!  My eyes started watering, Michael started sweating, I had to ask for a water in addition to my Diet Coke.  It's a great dish, but it does get to be incredibly spicy.  

This is what was left of the big bowl after Michael and I had filled our two smaller bowls. 

If you look carefully, I think you can see the devil.  This soup certainly was hot enough for Satan!
I asked the waitress how anyone is ever able to eat an entire bowl alone, and she told us that yesterday a man had ordered the soup and asked for EXTRA spices.  Say WHAT?!?!  I would have had call the fire department if I had eaten anymore of that soup.  

Anyway, we loved our experience at Tao Too.  The service is excellent, which is a breath of fresh air.  We had terrible service at the last restaurant we visited.  That restaurant has also been featured in my blog.  We were incredibly disappointed with our treatment at THAT place.

I'll be back to Tao Too, and if it's a cold enough night, I might order Devil's Nest again!

Happy eating!

Sesame Chicken - Thankfully, there were no fires on the menu next to this item!

The hottest dinner partner a girl could ask for!

The MANY waters and sodas we had to order. 




No comments:

Post a Comment