Wednesday, June 27, 2012

How I've Lost 18 Pounds




Me today at 144 pounds.

I've had a few people ask about my recent weight loss.  First, I have to give credit where credit is due.

In January of this year, my friend Nikki invited me to be a part of a weight loss competition.  After struggling for two years to lose weight, and getting nowhere fast, I was eager to shake things up a bit.  So, I joined in on the competition.

This wasn't just a competition that rewarded the actual weight that was lost, it also encouraged people to make healthy decisions by giving points for doing things like drinking 8 glasses of water, keeping a food diary, or not eating sweets.  If you did these things, you got points.  There would be a points winner and a weight loss winner.

So, reluctantly, I started keeping an online food journal.  Once again, I've got to thank Nikki, because I was planning on just upping my workouts to win.  She told me I needed to keep the journal to get points.  So, I did.

Most of us started using MyFitnessPal.  It's a website and an app.  The app allows you to set a goal and pick the type of lifestyle you lead.  At that point, it gives you a calorie goal to say under.  If you exercise, you get more calories to eat.



The iPhone app was exactly what I needed, because I always have it with me.  It's incredibly easy to plug in what I eat and how much I've exercised.

*I also have to say that the EXCELLENT instructors at Germantown Athletic Club should take some credit as well.  They make the classes fun and work my butt off!

I still have 12 more pounds to go before I reach my goal, but I'm feeling good!

The pictures below are from our honeymoon in October.  Here, I'm around 155.  

 October 2011

 October 2011

October 2011


These pictures are from around Christmas 2011.  In this picture, I'm around 160.

 December 31, 2011

Christmas 2011

Here's another one from back in 2009.  

October 2009

Now, the fun pictures!  I am currently at 144.  Some of these pictures were taken along the way to my goal.  I feel like a million bucks in all of them!

With Nikki in March 2012

March 2012

April 2012

April 2012

May 2012

June 2012

Many of you know that I have struggled with my weight my whole life.  About 5 years ago, I weighed 185 pounds.  I was incredibly miserable.  I decided that make a change.  It took about a year, but I lost about 40 pounds.  It was after maintaining that weight for a couple of years that I gained 15 pounds.  That put me back at 160.  (I blamed falling in love and wanting to hang out with my new boyfriend all the time for that weight gain.  Who wants to exercise when you can cuddle?!)

Here are a few of those fat pictures from my first time around.  I don't know dates.

Freshman Year of High School

Sophomore Year of High School

 Junior Year of High School


I didn't win the competition, but I am soooo happy with the results.  If you're struggling with weight loss, get the app!  Try it for a week.  You'll be amazed.

Love,

Corrie








No comments:

Post a Comment