Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Scalp Psoriasis

I have scalp psoriasis.  Since high school, it has plagued me.

This is what my skin looks like under my hair...

This is not my head.  This shows what it looks like.  Fortunately, my hair covers all of mine. 


I itch CONSTANTLY.  If I scratch, I have flakes everywhere.  It's impossible for me not to scratch.  Michael has been trying to get me to stop for years.  It doesn't work.  The itch is that intense.

I have had embarrassing situations happen many times.  I'll wear a jacket with a hood in my classroom, go outside and put the hood up, and my flakes will go everywhere.  Several of my teacher friends have started noticing.

Basically, I can't wear anything dark on the top half of my body without fear of embarrassment or without being extra extra careful.

It was terrible when I was working in TV, because there's nothing better looking than a black blazer.  I had to be extremely careful and "dust" myself off during commercial breaks if I was anchoring and wearing dark colors.

I have tried numerous treatments from my dermatologist.  I think because my hair is so thick and it's so difficult to get to my scalp, all those treatments have failed.

I went back to the dermatologist a few weeks ago.  She gave me a new treatment.  I am determined to make it work.

I've also been watching youtube videos from people who've had a similar issue.

This girl has a lot of good advice.  She actually shaved her head to treat her psoriasis.  She says she found a remedy that would have not required head shaving.  Her story is cool.

So, I'm praying my psoriasis clears up.  I really want to start wearing black again!

No comments:

Post a Comment