Monday, March 10, 2014

The Fresh 20: Yum!

I really really really want to eat healthier.  I just truly do NOT have the time.  I don't know how to prepare healthy foods, I don't have time to compile a grocery list, and I sure don't have time to plan out healthy meals.

That was all before I discovered The Fresh 20.  Thanks to Lauren Lee for sharing!

The Fresh 20 is a meal planning service.  They do MOST of the hard work for you.  They help you plan and grocery shop for five meals each week.

1.  They compile your grocery list.  The list will consist of 20 fresh ingredients then several pantry staples.  (Think olive oil and spices.)  It's even listed by department.  It makes grocery shopping super easy.

2.  They give you pre-cooking instructions so you can do all your meal preps on Sunday.

3.  They then give you easy step by step recipes.

The best thing about all of this is that the meals are completely healthy and made with fresh ingredients.  No more processed foods.

I started it today.  My grocery bill was $100.  I did buy a few other things that weren't a part of The Fresh 20 recipes, so most bills for the meals will probably be cheaper.

The first meal was Spanish meatloaf, which consisted of ground turkey, red bell pepper, sweet potato, and onion.  The side was Brussels sprouts.

The meal was delicious.  I've only had Brussels sprouts a couple of times before.  These were pretty good.  It was a little bitter, but it is something I could get used to.  The meatloaf was off the chain.

The meals are supposed to feed 4.  Michael and I ate all of it though.  I was really hungry.  :)  I'm hoping I have some left overs from the other meals.

Here's all of our meals from week 1.


   
Turkey Meatloaf with Brussels Sprouts
Mahi Mahi on Kale with Sweet Potato Fries

Lamb Tacos


My kitchen sink after the first meal.  To be fair, this is actually 2 days of dishes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment