Thursday, October 24, 2013

Grateful for Grandparents


   













Michael, Presley, and I are so incredibly lucky.  Presley has the world's most amazing grandparents.  I really don't know how people raise babies without them. 

As Michael and I get ready to spend the night by ourselves with Presley for the first time since she arrived, I'm thinking about how awesome it's been to have my parents and his parents here the last few days.

My mom stayed the first night at home with us, and Michael's parents spent the last two nights here.  

Because of that, we've been able to go through almost a training period with the baby.  They let us get some much needed rest.  I've really only had to wake up to feed the baby.  I have then handed her back off to one of the grandmothers to change and put back to sleep.  It's been awesome.

They've also helped by cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, running errands...the list is endless.  

They've taught us so much and given us some great advice on how to handle different things.  

I truly don't know how we would have made it these last few days without them.  I'm sitting here with a clean house, more hours of sleep than I ever thought I'd get the first week, and with the sweetest, healthiest baby.  It wouldn't have been possible without the four people below.  We are forever grateful!   

Pa has been the maintenance man around the house.  So helpful.  He loves him some Presley.   She loves him so much too.   

Nonnie has been so amazing.  She's been so incredibly helpful.  She's also folded my underwear.  Something I never thought would happen, but for which I am so thankful!  We had a big cry today when she left. 
I don't know how I don't have a pic of my mom holding Presley.  She's probably held her more than me!  Mom has been such a strength.  She's taught me so much and calmed so many of my fears.  
Dad makes me laugh.  He holds Presley for hours at a time.  She has him wrapped around her finger.  He also brought me a Sonic Strawberry Cream Slush.  My absolute favorite and something I've been craving like crazy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment