Thursday, July 11, 2013

100 Things to Eat in Memphis: River Oaks

Date Night!

A couple of weekends ago Michael and I had "date night" at River Oaks Restaurant.  

It's on the 100 Things to Eat in Memphis list.  

Michael's mom bought me some super cute maternity skinny jeans that I had been dying to wear.  I actually felt pretty hot for the first time in a while.  The black camouflages the bump, but I promise it's there.  


I cannot recall ever having been to this restaurant before, but my mom said she thought we went to some birthday party here or something once.  Anyway, it felt like a new experience to me!  The restaurant was mostly made up of East Memphis WASP types.  I don't think anyone in there was struggling with money!  


The prices on the menu also shed some light on the customers.  



Michael and I both got this soup.  I don't remember what it was called.  But I think it was some sort of corn and crab bisque.  It was DELISH!  


I got the duck two ways.  I liked the way shown on the left way better than the way on the right.   


The dish that's on the list is the Mojo Chocolate Chip Cookie with Ice Cream.  


It's a cute little set up and I enjoyed it, but I do feel like it could have been better.  Maybe it needed to be a little warmer.  Maybe there needed to be more ice cream.  I'm not sure.  I also wish I had ordered coffee with it.  


There is a neat little story that goes along with the cookie.  Read below.


Overall, the only dish to write home about was the bisque, however, if I was in the mood for just dessert, I would head back here and have the Mojo cookie again with coffee.  Also, this place is pretty overpriced.  


No comments:

Post a Comment