Sunday, May 26, 2013

Fit Pregnancy: Chicken Salad

I love sandwiches during the summer.  Unfortunately, it's not safe to eat deli meat.  

From American Pregnancy, "Deli meats have been known to be contaminated with listeria, which can cause miscarriage. Listeria has the ability to cross the placenta and may infect the baby leading to infection or blood poisoning, which may be life-threatening. If you are pregnant and you are considering eating deli meats, make certain that you reheat the meat until it is steaming."

So, I'm having to come up with other stuff to eat on my sandwiches.  

Today, I made chicken salad from Fit Pregnancy.  


Wow.  It was sooo good!  I did eliminate the raisins from the recipe, but kept everything else.  It calls for dijon mustard, which I've never really seen in a chicken salad recipe before.  It added a very flavorful kick.  I also substituted light mayo for regular mayo.  


I served with sweet potato fries that almost cost me a finger while slicing!  

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy corrie! i will keep this in mind for the future. i had lots of peanut butter sandwiches and cream cheese sandwiches when i was pregnant!

    ReplyDelete